A series of discrete but inter-related studies are planned for this program through close collaborations with local partners in Indigenous specific primary health services in metropolitan, rural and remote communities across Australia.
The studies are:
- An audit of prevention and management practices relating to chronic diseases in the community-controlled primary care sector.
- A qualitative study of knowledge, attitudes, practices and perceived needs of patients, communities, health care providers and policy-makers with respect to the prevention and management of chronic disease.
- A randomised controlled trial of a community-based strategy to maximise evidence-based, long-term therapies among individuals with moderate to high cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
- An electronic decision support tool which is a quality improvement strategy to support the prevention and management of chronic disease within Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- A Communication Project which aims to communicate our research findings to different audiences in an innovative and engaging manner.